FOR EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA) RESIDENTS ONLY
This Privacy Statement was last revised on May 24, 2018. We may change this Privacy Statement at any time and for any reason. The current Privacy Statement will always be posted on this webpage. Significant changes to the Privacy Statement are discussed below in the Section called "Changes to this Privacy Statement." We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement each time you visit the Website.
At Baylis Medical Company Inc. (“we”, “our”, “us”, “Baylis”), we are committed to protect and respect your privacy in compliance with EU- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, dated May 25th 2018. This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our products and to our sales, marketing, and customer contract fulfilment activities. It also applies to individuals seeking a job in Baylis.
Baylis is the data controller and our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email: email@example.com.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA ABOUT YOU?
- When you are using our products.
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our websites.
- When we collect personal information from other legitimate sources, such as third-party data aggregators, Baylis marketing partners, public sources, or social networks. We only use this data if you have given your consent to these sources to share your personal data with others.
- When there are situations of legitimate interest and this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests.
WHY DO WE COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL DATA?
We collect and use personal data mainly to perform direct sales, direct marketing, and customer service. We also collect data about suppliers, partners, and persons seeking a job or working in our company. We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Send you marketing communications which you have requested. These may include information about our products and services, events, activities, and promotions of our associated partners’ products and services. This communication is subscription based and requires your consent.
- Send you information about the products and services that you have purchased from us.
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
- Provide you content and venue details on a webinar or event you signed up for.
- Reply to a ‘Contact me’ or other web forms you have completed on one of our Baylis websites (e.g. to download a whitepaper).
- Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls). You can opt out or unsubscribe to any email list at any time by following the instructions at the end of the newsletters or emails you receive. If you have provided more than one email address to us, you may continue to be contacted unless you request to unsubscribe each email address you have provided. Please allow five to ten business days for changes to take effect.
- Provide access to our Contact Us forms.
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, license details, invoice, reminders, and similar. The contract may be with Baylis directly or with a Baylis partner.
- Notify you about any disruptions to our services (system messages).
- Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our products and services.
- Process a job application.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
Collecting personal data based on consents
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on contracts
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners, and suppliers.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between Baylis and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
WHAT TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED?
We may collect your name, phone number, title and email address, in addition to your company’s name and contact information. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, and emails. From our websites we may collect your IP-address and actions taken on the site.
If you upload photos or videos, add posts or comments, etc. on our European Union website, the information can be read by anyone with access to the site and used for purposes over which Baylis or you have no control. Therefore, Baylis is not responsible for any information you submit to the European Union website.
If you apply for a job at Baylis, we collect the data you provide during the application process.
Baylis does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data. This includes, but is not limited to, race or ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, and any actual or alleged criminal offences or penalties.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Baylis holds about you.
- The right to request that Baylis correct your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data be deleted when it is no longer necessary for Baylis to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications:
- If you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please make use of the link to manage your subscriptions included in our communication. Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from Baylis, such as order confirmations, system messages and notifications about your account activities.
- The right to request that Baylis provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
- The right to lodge complaints with supervisory authorities.
Any query about your Privacy Rights should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information is used to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site. Personal data (e.g. browser type, operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of ISP, etc.) are gathered for the purposes of understanding how visitors use a website and make the website more efficient. Cookies and similar technologies help us tailor our website to your personal needs as well as to detect and prevent security threats and abuse. If used alone, cookies and web beacons do not personally identify you.
You may stop or restrict cookies and web beacons on your computer or purge cookies from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Although you may still use the websites, if you “turn off,” purge, or disable cookies or web beacons, you may not be able to use all of the features, functions, or services available on the websites.
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent, except for the following:
Third-party Service Providers working on our behalf:
We may pass your information on to our distributors, agents, sub-contractors and other associated organizations with the purpose of them providing services to you on our behalf.
Third-party Product Providers we work in association with:
IF REQUIRED BY LAW
We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
USE OF SUB-CONTRACTORS (PROCESSORS AND SUB-PROCESSORS)
If the sub-contractor processes personal data outside the EU/EEA area, such processing must be in accordance with the EU Privacy Shield Framework, EU Standard Contractual Clauses for transfer to third countries or another specifically stated lawful basis for the transfer of personal data to a third country.
If a new sub-contractor is signed or a change of sub-contractor is performed related to our online service, the customers will be notified in line with our Terms of Service.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Baylis reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The applicable version will always be found on our websites. We encourage you to check this Privacy Statement occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If we make changes that significantly alter our privacy practices, we will notify you by email or post a notice on our websites prior to the change taking effect.
YOUR RIGHT TO COMPLAIN WITH A SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may, in the first instance, contact email@example.com.
If you remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to your national supervisory authority for a decision. The supervisory authorities can be contacted at:
- Germany: Each individual German state has a Data Protection Authority which is responsible for the enforcement of data protection laws and competent in respect of data controllers established in the relevant state.
United Kingdom: Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), ico.org.uk
If you have any comments, questions or concerns about any of the information in this Privacy Statement, or any other issues relating to the data processing carried out by us, or on our behalf, please direct your inquiries to our Legal Department using the Contact Us form on our Website.
PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT CAREFULLY.
Privacy is very important to Baylis Medical Company Inc. (“Baylis”, “we”, “us” or “our”). We also understand that privacy is very important to you. This Privacy Statement tells you how we protect and use information that we gather through www.baylismedical.com, this Baylis website based in the U.S (the “Website”). Please note that Baylis and our affiliates also operate other websites. This Privacy Statement only applies to this Website and does not apply to other Baylis websites. You should review the privacy statement posted on other Baylis websites when you visit them. This Website and this Privacy Statement are intended for a U.S. audience.
This Privacy Statement was last revised on May 4, 2018. We may change this Privacy Statement at any time and for any reason. The current Privacy Statement will always be posted on this webpage. Significant changes to the Privacy Statement are discussed below in the Section called "Changes to the Privacy Statement." We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement each time you visit the Website.
The information we receive, and how we use it, depends on what you do when visiting our Website. We collect and use your non-personal information (information that is not identifiable to you personally) differently than your personal information.
WHAT IS NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Non-personal information is information we collect through this Website that does not identify you as an individual person. It may include information such as the following:
- the type of web browser software you use (for example, Internet Explorer)
- the name of the domain from which you access the Internet
- the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website
- the date and time you access our Website
- which pages you have visited on our Website (note: U.S. healthcare providers, please see the "uses of personal information" described below)
- the search terms you use
- the links on which you click
- personal information that has been made non-personal or anonymized (i.e., aggregated statistical information that no longer reflects or references an individually identifiable user)
If you visit our Website to read or download information, such as information about a health condition or about one of our products, we may collect certain non-personal information about you from your computer. This information is collected from your computer's web browser: If you only read or download information on our Website, we do not collect or learn your name, e-mail address, home address, or other personal information about you.
CALIFORNIA "DO NOT TRACK" DISCLOSURES
California law (CalOPPA) requires Baylis to let you know how we respond to web browser "Do Not Track (DNT) signals". Because there currently is not an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, we do not honor Do Not Track requests at this time.
CHOICES ABOUT ONLINE TRACKING AND OPT-OUT OPTIONS
For more information on third-party advertising-related cookies and how to opt out of some cookies as you choose, see the descriptions and links below.
Click here to visit the Network Advertising Initiative site to set preferences and opt out of third-party targeting cookies.
Click here to opt out of the Google Network (Doubleclick, AdSense, Analytics).
EU visitors can find general information and opt-out resources at youronlinechoices.eu and US visitors can visit aboutads.info.
As noted above, you may also configure your own browser settings to block or manage cookies. Please refer to your browser's Help function.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual. Personal information we may collect from you through this Website includes your:
- telephone number
- e-mail address
- medical device serial number
- personal health information
- date of birth
- for U.S. healthcare providers, a National Provider Identifier# (NPI) and/or a state license number
- IP (Internet Protocol) address when such address is associated to a specific user
In some places on this Website you have the opportunity to send us personal information about yourself, to elect to receive particular information, or to participate in an activity. For example, you may fill out a registration form, a survey, or an e-mail form and you may elect to receive educational material about our products and therapies.
You also may choose to allow us to personalize your visits to the Website, in which case we will ask you for certain personal information to make your visits to our Website more helpful to you. When this information is combined with the non-personal information that we collect through cookies (described above), we will be able to tell that you have visited our Website before and can personalize your access to our Website, for example, by telling you about new features that may be of interest to you.
WHAT DOES BAYLIS DO WITH NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Because non-personal information cannot identify you or be tied to you in any way, there are no restrictions on the ways that we can use or share non-personal information. We are always looking for ways to better serve you and improve this Website. We will use non-personal information from you to help us make this Website more useful to visitors. We also will use non-personal information for other business purposes. For example, we may use non-personal information or aggregate non-personal information to:
- create reports for internal use to develop programs, products, services or content
- customize the information or services that are of interest to you
- share it with or sell it to third parties
- provide aggregated information on how visitors use our site, such as "traffic statistics" and "response rates," to third parties
The information collected on Baylis' behalf by these third parties does not contain your name, address, email address, or any other personally identifiable information.
Baylis will be enabling the following Cookies on this Website:
- “website-region” – is used to store and remember website region that was selected by user.
- “cookies-accepted” – is used to store the acceptable of cookie usage for visitors coming from European countries
- “sid” – is used to store “user session id” to retain information provided by the user during the process of registering for Medical Education courses.
HOW DOES BAYLIS KEEP AND USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may keep and use personal information we collect from you through this Website only as necessary to provide you with access to this Website and for the following purposes:
- to respond to your requests
- to personalize your access to our Website, for example, by telling you about new features that may be of interest to you
- to develop records, including records of your personal information that you have given us permission to have (e.g. via submitting inquiries through the Contact Us form, or registration via the Medical Education registration form and survey). This information will be captured by customer relationship management (CRM) software for the purpose of facilitating further communications and customer account management between you and Baylis Medical employees
- to contact you with information that might be of interest to you, including information about clinical trials and about products and services of ours and of others
- for analytical purposes and to research, develop and improve programs, products, services and content
- for U.S. healthcare providers, to link your name, National Provider Identifier (NPI), state license number, and/or your IP address to web pages you visit, for compliance, marketing, and sales activities
- to remove your personal identifiers (your name, e-mail address, social security number, etc.). In this case, you would no longer be identified as a single unique individual. Once we have de-identified information, it is non-personal information and we may treat it like other non-personal information.
- to enforce this Privacy Statement and other rules about your use of this Website
- to protect our rights or property
- to protect someone's health, safety or welfare
- to comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process
DOES BAYLIS EVER SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Baylis will not share your personal information collected from this Website with an unrelated third-party without your permission, except as otherwise provided in this Privacy Statement.
In the ordinary course of business, we will share some personal information with companies that we hire to perform services or functions on our behalf. For example, we may use different vendors or suppliers to ship you products that you order on our Website. In these cases, we provide the vendor with information to process your order such as your name and mailing address. In all cases in which we share your personal information with a third-party, we will not authorize them to collect, use or disclose your information with others except for the purpose of providing the services we asked them to provide. We will not sell, exchange or publish your personal information, except in conjunction with a corporate sale, merger, dissolution, or acquisition.
We may be legally compelled to release your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. We may cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting Website visitors who violate our rules or engage in behavior which is harmful to other visitors (or illegal).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we feel that the disclosure is necessary to:
- enforce this Privacy Statement and the other rules about your use of this Website
- protect our rights or property
- protect someone's health, safety or welfare
- comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process
Please note: In addition to the ways that we may collect, keep, disclose, and use information described in this Privacy Statement, we also may keep, disclose, and use personal information that you give us through this Website in ways that we believe are consistent with FDA and other governmental guidance, directions, regulations, and laws.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE PRIVACY STATEMENT CHANGES?
If we decide to make a significant change to our Privacy Statement, we will post a notice on the homepage of our Website for a period of time after the change is made. Significant changes are also described below. Your continued use of this Website following a change to this Privacy Statement means that you agree to be bound by the revised Privacy Statement.
WHAT ABOUT PRIVACY ON OTHER WEBSITES?
This Website may contain links to other websites (“Linked Site”). Some of those Linked Sites may be operated by Baylis, and some may be operated by third parties. We provide the links for your convenience, but we do not review, control, or monitor the privacy practices of Linked Sites operated by others. This Privacy Statement does not apply to any other website, even the other Baylis websites. We are not responsible for the performance of Linked Sites operated by third parties or for your business dealings with them. Therefore, whenever you leave this Website we recommend that you review each Linked Site's privacy practices and make your own conclusions regarding the adequacy of these practices.
DOES BAYLIS EVER COMMUNICATE DIRECTLY WITH VISITORS TO THIS WEBSITE?
We may contact you periodically by e-mail, mail or telephone if you have opted-in to receive information regarding programs, products, services and content that may be of interest to you. In addition, some of the features on this Website allow you to communicate with us using an online form. If your communication requests a response from us, we will send you a response via e-mail. The e-mail response or confirmation may include your personal information, including personal information about your health, your name, address, etc. We cannot guarantee that our e-mails to you will be secure from unauthorized interception.
ARE THERE SPECIAL RULES ABOUT CHILDREN'S PRIVACY?
We care about protecting the online privacy of children. We will not intentionally collect any personal information (such as a child's name or e-mail address) from children under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (a “Minor”). If you are a parent/guardian and you think that we have collected personal information from a Minor, please contact us.
WHAT ABOUT WEBSITE SECURITY?
Security is very important to us. We also understand that security is important to you. We take reasonable physical, technical and organizational steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this Website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
HOW TO CONTACT BAYLIS
If you have questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, please direct your inquiries to our Legal Department using the Contact Us form on our Website.
STATEMENT OF PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
In this Statement of Privacy Principles, Baylis Medical Company Inc. (“Baylis”, “we”, “our”, “us”) describes how we processes personal information. The preservation of, and respect for, our customers', business colleagues, vendors', and patients' trust is critical to our continued success. We will always process personal information:
- Confidentially and fairly
- Appropriately, according to the statements we make
- Lawfully, in accordance with applicable data protection laws, directives, regulations and principles
This Statement of Privacy Principles tells you how we protect and use information that we gather through www.baylismedical.com, the Baylis website for Canada (the “Website”). Please note that Baylis and our affiliates also operate other websites. This Statement of Privacy Principles only applies to this Website and does not apply to other Baylis websites. You should review the Statement of Privacy Principles posted on other Baylis websites when you visit them. This Website and this Statement of Privacy Principles are intended for a Canadian audience.
This Statement of Privacy Principles was last revised on October 1, 2018. We may change this Statement of Privacy Principles at any time and for any reason. The current Statement of Privacy Principles will always be posted on this webpage. Significant changes to this Statement of Privacy Principles are discussed below. We encourage you to review this Statement of Privacy Principles each time you visit this Website.
By using this Website, you agree to the terms of the most recent version of this Statement of Privacy Principles. Please read our Website Terms and Conditions to understand the general rules about your use of this website. Except as written in any other disclaimers, policies, terms and conditions, or other notices on this website, this Statement of Privacy Principles and the Website Terms and Conditions are the complete agreement between you and Baylis with respect to your use of this Website. You may be subject to additional terms that may apply when you access particular services or materials on certain areas in this Website, or by following a link from this Website.
WHEN DO THESE PRIVACY PRINCIPLES APPLY?
This Statement of Privacy Principles applies when we process personal information collected in Canada. This Statement of Privacy Principles applies to personal data when we collect it directly from the data subject (the person who the data identifies), and also when we collect data from one person, company, or other legal entity that identifies another person. Therefore, when we use the word "you", "me", and "I" in this Statement of Privacy Principles, we mean the individual whose personal information we are processing, whether we collect that information directly from the individual or indirectly from someone else.
This Statement of Privacy Principles does not apply when we process information:
- about our employees and business consultants in the scope of their employment or business consultancy relationship with us
- where we have given other disclaimers, policies, terms and conditions, or other notices indicating that this policy does not apply, or that a different policy or notice applies instead
- that does not identify you as an individual person, including personal information which has been anonymized so that it can no longer be used to identify you
- only as a processor of information on behalf of a third party where that processing is governed by separate terms
WHAT IS DATA PROCESSING?
Data processing is any operation or set of operations involving personal information, whether or not by automatic means. This includes collecting, using, disclosing, adapting, altering, correcting, retrieving, combining, blocking, erasing, transferring, destroying, recording, organizing, storing, disseminating, or otherwise making available, consulting, and using personal information.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is information relating to you that we can use to specifically identify you, such as your:
- telephone number
- e-mail address
- date of birth
- social insurance number or other national identifier
- account number
- any other information that identifies or could identify you and relates to you
WHEN AND HOW DOES BAYLIS COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- 1. Forms – In some places on our Website you have the opportunity to send us personal information about yourself. For example, you may fill out a registration form, a survey or an e-mail form.
- 2. Cookies – You may also choose to allow us to personalize your visits to the web sites, in which case we will ask you for certain personal information to make your visits to our web sites more helpful to you. When this information is combined with the non-personal information that we collect through cookies, we will be able to tell that you have visited our web sites before.
- 3. Inquiries – We may collect personal information from you when you contact us for information, products, or services.
- 4. Commercial Transactions – We may collect personal information about you in the course of engaging in commercial transactions with our customers, vendors, and other business contacts.
WHY DOES BAYLIS PROCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may process your personal information:
- to respond to your requests and enquiries
- to perform a contract or for contract negotiations with or about you
- to develop records, including records of your personal information
- to contact you by mail (or in other ways with your permission) with information that might be of interest to you, including information about clinical trials and about products and services of ours and of others
- for analytical purposes and to research, develop and improve programs, products, therapies, services and content
- to remove your personal identifiers (your name, e-mail address, social security number, etc) so that information is anonymized. In this case, you would no longer be identified as a single unique individual. Once we have anonymized information, it is non-personal information and is not subject to this Statement of Privacy Principles
- to personalize your access to our Website, for example, by telling you about new features that may be of interest to you
- to enforce this Statement of Privacy Principles and otherwise protect our rights or property
- to protect your vital interests or someone else's health, safety or welfare
- to comply with a law or regulation, court order, or other legal obligation
- for our other legitimate interests, unless such processing will unfairly prejudice your rights or freedoms
- in other ways to which you consent
WILL BAYLIS EVER USE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO CONTACT ME WITH MARKETING OR EDUCATIONAL MESSAGES?
We may contact you periodically in person, by e-mail, by fax, by mail, or by telephone to provide information regarding programs, products, services and content that may be of interest to you, unless you advise us that you do not wish to receive marketing, market research communications, or educational materials from us. If applicable law requires that we receive your explicit consent before we send you certain types of marketing communications, we will only send you those types of communications after receiving your explicit consent.
WHAT IF I NO LONGER WISH TO RECEIVE INFORMATION FROM BAYLIS, OR NO LONGER WISH TO ALLOW BAYLIS TO PROCESS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you wish to stop receiving communications from us, or would like us to stop processing your personal information in any other way, you can contact us as described at the bottom of this Statement of Privacy Principles to let us know what types of communications you wish to stop receiving. In addition, if you have received, or in the future receive, an e-mail from us, each e-mail we send includes an easy, automated way for you to cease receiving e-mails from us.
DOES BAYLIS EVER SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Baylis will not share your personal information with an unrelated third party without your permission, except as otherwise provided in this Statement of Privacy Principles.
In the ordinary course of business, we will share some personal information with companies that we hire to perform services or functions on our behalf. For example, we may use different vendors or suppliers to ship our products. In these cases, we provide the vendor or supplier with information to process your order such as your name and mailing address. In all cases in which we share your personal information with a third party, we will not authorize them to keep, disclose or use your information with others except for the purpose of providing the services we asked them to provide.
We will not sell, exchange or publish your personal information, except in conjunction with a corporate sale, merger, dissolution, or acquisition.
We may be legally compelled to release your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law, or regulation. We may cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and/or prosecuting web site visitors who violate our rules or engage in behavior which is harmful to other visitors (or illegal).
We may additionally disclose your personal information to third parties if we feel that the disclosure is necessary to:
- enforce this Statement of Privacy Principles
- protect our rights or property
- protect someone's health, safety or welfare
WILL BAYLIS EVER TRANSFER PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME TO COUNTRIES OTHER THAN THE COUNTRY WHERE I AM LOCATED?
Baylis may transfer information out of the country in which it was collected to any other country that is recognized by Canada as having adequate privacy protections. We will transfer information to other areas only if:
- the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and Baylis or for pre-contractual measures taken in response to your request; or
- if you consent to the transfer; or
- if the data will be adequately protected in the other country, by contract or other protection
Baylis has arrangements with all of its offices and affiliates that assure that personal information transferred among Baylis companies is adequately protected, including transfers of personal information to Baylis offices and affiliates in the United States of America.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THIS STATEMENT OF PRIVACY PRINCIPLES CHANGES?
If we decide to make a significant change to this Statement of Privacy Principles, we will describe any major changes in this section. You can always find the most current copy of this Statement of Privacy Principles on the website for your country, or contact us at the address below.
WHAT ABOUT THE SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We also restrict access to your personal information to those employees and contractors who need to know that information to do their jobs. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
HOW LONG WILL BAYLIS MAINTAIN MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will not keep information for any longer than is required. In many cases, personal information must be kept for considerable periods of time in order to make it available as and when questions or disputes arise. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of personal information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable opportunity.
We will continue to treat your personal information in accordance with this Statement of Privacy Principles so long as we retain it.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL PRIVACY PRINCIPLES RELATING TO BAYLIS WEB SITES?